NATO Message Board Logo Dedicated to the 1983-1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Discussion
15 hours ago
Originally Posted by Biffy B...then the other is just larger white pages that fold out from dealerships. Is one of them better than the other? I was thinking the larger sheets would be more informative to actual wires. 25 or so years ago I went into the local library and found a...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
General Discussion
16 hours ago
That’s very smart, Kuch. Wish I would have thought of that. Instead I removed the switch altogether and hot wired all the connections inside, which took far longer. I covered up the switch’s hole with a piece of black electrical tape. Works great, but I like your idea much b...
see more
270 Views · 12 Comments
General Discussion
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Turbird where is the orange wire splice location plz?...
see more
1,123 Views · 15 Comments
General Discussion
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
88' tc 5spd. Like the title says.. I have no power or vref signal to any sensors under the hood. Also no fuel pump prime. I was driving home one night and it just took a complete dump on me. I've replaced the ircm, eec, eec relay, ignition switch, and bypassed the inertia s...
see more
11 Views · 0 Comments
New User Introductions
Yesterday at 04:36 PM
Welcome to NATO!...
see more
22 Views · 2 Comments
General Discussion
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
I think the cheaper mechanical (bulb in the rad fins with capillary tube running to the controller) fail due to high fan current flowing thru the cheap electrical contacts and burning them up. Thats why I used the controller to activate a 40 A relay. The controller only has to ca...
see more
52 Views · 4 Comments
General Discussion
Yesterday at 09:52 AM
I had a controller like that one on my 88 Tbird. I liked the adjustability, but it failed me fairly soon after installation. Luckily I noticed the gauge pegging and could turn on the ac to avoid overheating. I then used a set temp controller made by the same company for 4 plus y...
see more
52 Views · 4 Comments
General Discussion
Yesterday at 04:32 AM
Hey! What is the hub bore size on the snowflake? I have found the wheel is 16x7 +32, but I’m unsure if the offset is correct. Can’t find any info on the hub bore size. Thanks for any info!...
see more
10 Views · 0 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/23/18 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mikey97DOriginally Posted by Sic(k)-PupOriginally Posted by Mikey97DOriginally Posted by Sic(k)-PupThanks Mikey! I'm in CT too, where are you? I am in Prospect (the town is just south of Waterbury). I am new to this site and the 2.3L turbo cars too. Trying ...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/23/18 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sic(k)-PupOriginally Posted by Mikey97DOriginally Posted by Sic(k)-PupThanks Mikey! I'm in CT too, where are you? I am in Prospect (the town is just south of Waterbury). I am new to this site and the 2.3L turbo cars too. Trying to be a sponge here and learn...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/23/18 12:44 AM
Sounds good Paul. Always looking forward to a good run with the car. With the good weather just around the corner....wife still working so I’m free week days as well. Rick...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/23/18 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by gtbirdPaul: Nice seeing you hanging around here. Cars are looking good! Been to many shows since I saw you last? I retired last June, spending some time with the cars, lot of little odd job s around the house. Maybe I’ll run into you again sometime. Rick T...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/23/18 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Mikey97DOriginally Posted by Sic(k)-PupThanks Mikey! I'm in CT too, where are you? I am in Prospect (the town is just south of Waterbury). I am new to this site and the 2.3L turbo cars too. Trying to be a sponge here and learn. .Please PM me your phone nu...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/22/18 10:49 PM
Paul: Nice seeing you hanging around here. Cars are looking good! Been to many shows since I saw you last? I retired last June, spending some time with the cars, lot of little odd job s around the house. Maybe I’ll run into you again sometime. Rick...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
General Discussion
02/22/18 07:17 PM
Thank you Joe and Pete! Looks like I will try to find a good price on the EVTM. ...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/22/18 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Sic(k)-PupThanks Mikey! I'm in CT too, where are you? I am in Prospect (the town is just south of Waterbury). I am new to this site and the 2.3L turbo cars too. Trying to be a sponge here and learn....
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
General Discussion
02/22/18 03:08 PM
The EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual is extremely handy for basic troubleshooting. It grouped in subsystems and although it does not contain every bit of every circuit. it's handy. The TCs are included in the manual where there are differences from the other mod...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
General Discussion
02/21/18 10:32 PM
That wiring and vacuum diagrams book, I have never seen one like that. Could buy it and see what it is, but for $50, I didn't. I have a couple of "electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manuals", but I am sure everybody sees those. Lots of them on ebay. They have the...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/21/18 07:48 PM
Thanks Mikey! I'm in CT too, where are you?...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
Off Topic Forum
02/21/18 03:09 PM
Nice cars!...
see more
52 Views · 9 Comments
2.3L Turbo Parts & Accessories
02/21/18 01:25 AM
... ...
see more
54 Views · 1 Comments
General Discussion
02/20/18 03:59 PM
Thanks Joe. I did go on there and found some for a reasonable price. I was wondering though, one of them has like a smaller blue and white book with a tech on it that says "Wiring and vacuum manual"....then the other is just larger white pages that fold out from dealers...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
New User Introductions
02/20/18 02:49 PM
Hi! I just bought a low-mileage 88. Always wanted one....
see more
22 Views · 2 Comments
General Discussion
02/20/18 02:34 PM
I got on ebay last night and found multiple copies of the wiring diagrams. I don't have a set, but I bought a set 30 years ago for the Mark VII, and I really like the original Ford format - big sheets. Winton is really far away from me! My car is low mileage original, so I'm j...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
General Discussion
02/20/18 01:14 PM
Thanks all! Yes I will be going to vacuum brakes and probably the 93 Cobra setup with 2001 brakes for front and 1998 rear for my 5 lug conversion. Upon reading how many issues people have with those relays really makes me think I need to find some 90s-00's relay boxes out of anot...
see more
114 Views · 12 Comments
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Site Links
NATO Pages
TC Technical
Google Site Search
Newest Members
turbofoxbird, highroller, 88tbird50k, Biffy B, TurboCollie
5760 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
52,048 please help
Shout Box
NATO Member Photos
Looks good, in the rain!
Big-Al's 88 Turbocoupe
My 1988 Turbo Coupe..forever a work in progress
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 35 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Website Created 3-12-2000
Contents Copyright © 2000-2018
North American Turbocoupe Organization
A L L   R I G H T S   R E S E R V E D